The World Economy Society is now inviting proposals for paper and poster presentations at the annual World Economy Meeting, to be held at the University of Cantabria, Santander, Spain between 5th and 7th June, 2013. The over-riding theme of the meeting is Shifting Wealth in the World Economy.
Proposals are encouraged on all areas of the world economy and we particularly encourage contributions on the following topics:
- The World Economy Development: long term perspectives.
- FDI and Multinational Enterprises
- International Finance
- International Trade
- Transport and Logistics in the World Economy
- Integration: The European Union and other areas.
- International Economic Organisation and Global Governance.
- Labour relations, Migrations and Education.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Other topics: Policies beyond the World Crisis.
Abstracts should include paper title, author name and affiliation, email, keywords, JEL codes and should not exceed 450 words. The deadline for submission is
30 January 15 February 2013. Abstracts can be submitted in English, Spanish or Portuguese through the Conference online submission plattform.
Acceptance notices will be sent by the Programme Chair by
15 February 1 March 2013. Once accepted, full papers are due 24 March 22 April 2013. Accepted papers or posters will be published as Conference Proceedings with ISBN, so authors will need to follow submission instructions on the official website by clicking here or here.
We encourage submissions from both senior and junior scholars as well as non-academics around the world.
The conference will include a keynote speaker and offer many opportunities to network with other scholars working on world economy.